Constitution and By Laws
The Word of God requires that a Christian congregation shall conform to this Divine Word in doctrine and practice (Matthew 28:18-20; Galatians 1:6-8; 2 Timothy 4:1-5), and that all things be done decently and in order (1Corinthians 14:40). Therefore we, the members of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, accept and subscribe to the following Constitution and Bylaws, in accordance with which all spiritual and material affairs of our congregation shall be governed.
Guideline Manual for Church Officers and Boards
Finance Committee Policies and Procedures
Facilities Use Policy
- ELDERS: Determine if other Elders are present; coord with them for any issues or special requirements; request help to retrieve offering at the end of the service
- USHERS: Cross-check with ushers for any specific issues or requirements
- SCRIPTURE READINGS: Ensure the Scripture readings for the service are posted on the Lectern
o Check the bulletin for the name of the Reader; once they have arrived, make sure they know they are scheduled to read
o IF no scheduled reader shows up, be prepared to request someone else on the list (posted in the Bride’s room), or perform the reading yourself
- ACOLYTE: Ensure that the scheduled acolyte has arrived; assist with his/her robing as needed; if no one shows up (should be there no later than 10 minutes prior to service), either find another one of our trained acolytes to cover the duty, or ask Curtis to do so. If no acolyte is in attendance, be prepared to perform the duty yourself.
- PASTOR: Meet with the Pastor as soon as he is available; determine if he has any taskings for you to address
o This could include prepping for a baptism (see below)
o If time permits, pray with Pastor prior to the service; try to include any other Elder in attendance, the acolyte, Curtis, etc.
Instructions for Ushers
Pick up your copy of the proposed 2020 Budget in the Narthex for next week's voters assembly meeting.